Sunday, November 6, 2011
Cleaning the kitchen
Trex (2yo) came downstairs while I was cleaning the kitchen recently. I was laboring away the time while watching some show on TV. Trex asked if he could turn off the show and play Wii Sports. "No," says I, "not until I get done here in the kitchen and go in the bathroom." My list for the day included the kitchen followed by the bathroom, and since you can't seen the TV from the bathroom, I figured he could wait until then to turn off my show and turn on his game. Trex is patient, and he left the kitchen to pursue some worthy goal. Several minutes later (probably 2), he came back dancing lightly from one foot to the other. "Son," says I, "you need to go to the bathroom." (2yo's sometimes need someone to tell them that they are doing the potty dance.) "No," he counters, "YOU need to go to the bathroom." Until that moment, I didn't know that you could do the potty dance for someone else. He was very disappointed to learn that I still had plenty of cleaning in the kitchen (lifetimes, probably), and that no such urgent need as he displayed would call me from my duty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment